A multi purpose player for your audio project
Flagship of the ID-AL range, the MicroPlayer mk III is a professional audio solution designed to fulfill to a wide scope of playback scenarios.
On switching on the player, the playback is performed precisely and offers among others a loop playback.
Backed on the interactivity skills of the MicroPlayer mk III , the playback can be controlled with motion sensor, push buttons or an RS-232 link. Its 2 outs are able to control leds, relays or machinery.
Its energy saving mode allows an outdoor installation with solar panels or batteries.
Its built-in amplifier and headphone out ease your installations. With a small size and without any risk of heat, the MicroPlayer mk III can be installed in a storage array or directly within your productions.
A reliable technology
An inventive content structure system shapes the playback thanks to the use of a simple file manager in order to name the files and folders . Many options are available for your applications from the more simple to the more complex.
Designed and manufactured in France, the MicroPlayer mk III benefits from a 3 years warranty.
Interfacing and Connectivity
- Status LED
- Infrared sensor – Protocol: Sony SIRC, 12 bits, 38 kHz carrier
- SD card slot
- USB Host 2.0 Full Speed (12 Mb/s), standard “mass storage” driver, type-A receptacle
- 2 configurable buttons
- Volume knob for the amplified speaker output
- Unbalanced line-level stereo audio output on standard RCA connectors
- Headphone stereo audio output on a standard 3.5 mm (TRS) jack
- Class D amplified speaker stereo audio output on 3.81 mm pluggable terminal blocks
- 4 combined configurable opto-isolated input contacts on 3.81 mm pluggable terminal block (typical debounce time: 25 ms)
- 2 MOSFET outputs (500 mA per output, max 20 V) on 3.81 mm pluggable terminal block
- RS-232 serial link on a 3.81 mm pluggable terminal block (9600, 19200, or 38400 bauds)
- 2 power supply outputs dispatched on the pluggable terminal blocks
- External DC power supply chassis socket – Plug Ø 2.1 mm / 5.5 mm
Audio File Formats Supported
- MP3 (.mp3): MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer III, mono/stereo, 16 bits, 44.1 kHz, from 32 kbit/s to 320 kbit/s, CBR (Constant Bit Rate) or VBR (Variable Bit Rate), with or without ID3v1/2 tags¹
- Proprietary obfuscated MP3 (.mp3): to protect MP3 audio content²
- WAV (.wav): mono/stereo, 16-bit LPCM, 44.1 kHz, WAVE_FORMAT_PCM or WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE
¹ Some ID3v1 or ID3v2.4 footer tags might cause unexpected noises at the end of the files.
² Contact Waves System for further information about this feature.
Other File Formats Supported
- TXT (.txt): text file for serial (serial.txt) and configuration (config.txt) usages – raw text format (only printable 7-bit ASCII characters) with CR/LF, LF or CR end of line characters.
- File system supported: FAT32 (read/write)
- Supports long filenames limited to 63 characters maximum including extension
- Accepted storage device types:
- SDSC cards
- SDHC cards
- USB flash drives
- Accepts 1000 folders maximum at the root, containing up to 999 files each
- Headphone output:
- 2 × 85 mW – 32 Ω, THD+N = 0.1 %, 1 kHz
- 2 × 110 mW – 32 Ω, THD+N = 10 %, 1 kHz
- 2 × 200 mW – 8 Ω, THD+N = 0.1 %, 1 kHz
- 2 × 325 mW – 8 Ω, THD+N = 10 %, 1 kHz
- Speaker output:
- 2 × 8 W – 8 Ω, THD+N = 1 %, 1 kHz
- 2 × 10 W – 8 Ω, THD+N = 10 %, 1 kHz
- 2 × 15 W – 4 Ω, THD+N = 1 %, 1 kHz
- 2 × 19 W – 4 Ω, THD+N = 10 %, 1 kHz
- Player power supply input:
- Supplied mains adapter input:
- Voltage: from 100 V to 240 V
- Frequency: from 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- The player is protected against polarity reversal.
Current Consumption (12 V supplied)
- Typical consumption in playback with a SD card, without amplifier: 100 mA
- Recommended power supply for full use of the device – output current: 3.45 A
- Standby mode: less than 15 mA
- Operating ambient temperature: from 0 to +60 °C
- Storage temperature: from -20 to +60 °C
- Width: 140 mm – 1/3 of a 19-inch rack
- Height: 43 mm – 1U
- Depth (with the pluggable terminal blocks): 107 mm
- 240 g (with the pluggable terminal blocks)