Programmable interactive audio player
- The ChronoPlayer is a powerful and easy to install audio unit aiming at playing messages, sounds, music according to a schedule.Its performances linked to its dry contact logic, its ability to be remotely controlled via RS-232 or via its timestamped programming software make the ChronoPlayer a versatile audio tool for a wide spectrum of use.The audio files (MP3, WAV) are stored on an SD/SDHC card or a USB flash drive, within folders. The naming of the folders, with digits and optional tags, defines the playback behavior of the ChronoPlayer.Contexts of use:– Schools: customized sounds for beginning and end of lessons, welcoming, informative or security messages, musics
– Public spaces: information for customers and service users.
– Factories: break announcements, information along production lines
– Retails: store advertisements, information and commercials, vendor callProgramming:
The programming function (scheduler) allows the playback of identified audio files with accuracy all along a day and according to a calendar defined up to several years.
8 dry-contact inputs, up to 255 combinations, are available to trigger the playback of audio files on demand.
Once, in a loop, randomly or sequentially, it is also possible to control whether incoming commands are blocked or executed.
The ChronoPlayer can send custom data frames onto its serial link in order to control other devices. It is also possible to control the player from a PLC, another player, a computer, with its RS-232 serial link.
Can be racked :
Its 1/3 rack format allows an installation within a 19” support integrated in a storage bay.
- Interfacing and Connectivity– LED status indicator
– Backlit LCD display – 2×16 characters
– Clickable knob (Volume/-Menu-)
– Infrared sensor – Protocol SONY SIRC 12 bits modulated at 38 kHz
– USB Host 2.0 Full Speed (12 Mb/s), standard “mass storage” driver, type A connector
– SD/SDHC Card slot
– RS-232 serial link – 9600, 19200, or 38400 bauds 8N1 on 3.81mm pluggable terminal block
– 8 configurable opto-isolated inputs on 3.81mm pluggable terminal block
– A line-level 0dB stereo audio output on a standard RCA connector
– External DC power supply connector – Ø 2.1 mm / 5.5 mm
- Audio File Formats Supported– MP3 (.mp3): mono/stereo (MPEG layer 3), 16 bits, 44.1 kHz, from 32 kbit/s to 320 kbit/s, CBR (Constant Bit Rate) or VBR (Variable Bit Rate) files
– WAV (.wav): mono/stereo, 16 bits, 44.1 kHz (Broadcast Wave Format not supported*)
- Other File Formats Supported– Timestamped programming file (scheduler.tm2) – Scheduler TM2 (.tm2) format
– Configuration file (config.txt) – raw text format (.txt)
– Serial codes file (serial.txt) – raw text format (.txt)
- Storage Devices– Accepts SD cards – 64 MB minimum to 4 GB maximum – Formatted in FAT16 and FAT32
– Accepts SDHC cards – 4 GB minimum – Formatted in FAT32
– Accepts USB flash drives formatted in FAT16 and FAT32
– Supports long filenames limited to 63 characters maximum including extension
– Accepts 1000 folders maximum at the root, containing up to 999 files each
- Built-in Clock– Maximum clock drift:
– From 0 to +50 °C: 3.8 ppm – 120 seconds per year
– From +50 to +60 °C: 5.0 ppm – 156 seconds per year
– Aging: ±3 ppm/year
– Timekeeping when the player is not powered: up to 2 months
- Power Supply
– Player power supply input:
– Nominal voltage: 12 V DC
– Power supply range: 10 V to 15 V DC
– Supplied mains adapter input:
– Voltage: 100 V to 240 V.
– Frequency: 50 Hz to 60 Hz.
- Consumption (12 V supplied)– During playback: 80 mA
– When stopped: 70 mA
- Temperatures– Operating ambient temperature: from 0 to +60 °C
– Storage temperature: from -20 to +60 °C
- Size– Width: 143 mm – (1/3 of a rack)
– Height: 44 mm
– Depth (with terminal block connectors): 100 mm
- Weight– 200 g (with the pluggable terminal blocks)
Ref : SON0392